Sunday, March 24, 2013

Statement Ring...

I've been having a blast working with the Now that's a Jig!  It's kind of like doodling in 3D.  I wanted to make something that was a little different and really stood out.  With the wire, I created these inverted teardrop shapes.  As I was forming the feather-like plumes, I noticed how easy it would be to make a ring!
So I made one out of copper wire.  I used bronze wire as an accent to the copper wire and I wired on rounds in glass and vintage plastic.  The ring I made stands up pretty tall. It reminds me of a cathedral with stained glass or a bunch of stylized feathers.  

Working with the jig is a lot of fun and the ring is definitely a conversation starter.

3 comments:

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Beautiful...have one of those jig things but never used it. You have inspired me....

Anonymous said...

I see this as a pendant with wire links and glass. Original & Beautiful.

The Crafty Mama said...

I love this ring, Andrew! I don't often wear large rings, but tall rings are one of my favorite looks. It was so great to see you in Tucson. You made my daughter Annika's day!