Monday, March 25, 2013

Hold On...

I've set the Now That's a Jig! up in the store and whenever I have a free moment, I take my roll of wire and head over to the makeshift station.  I've been having a wonderful time exploring the different applications and just playing with wire.  I've been really inspired lately and have been making all kinds of things.
Today I made this ring.  I love making rings on Now that's a Jig!, because one of the pegs fits my index finger perfectly.  This ring is fairly simple, but I love how the focal can be switched out.  It holds anything round, from beads to marbles.  The picture features one of my enameled beads.  I flailed about, flinging my hands around and the bead did not pop out.  It held on nicely.  I'm really happy with the way this turned out!

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

I had the chance to see Miss Brenda at the Art Glass and Bead show in Madison this past weekend. I got to look at one of these jigs up close. It looks like a fabulous tool and with so many applications. It is going on my wish list for Bead & Button for sure! I love the idea that you can remove the bead. Clever! Enjoy the day. Erin