Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 14

For Day 14, I sort of had to have an out of body experience.  The prompt for the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge was to, "make a piece for girls night out with lots of sparkle and go get your bling on"!  While I have had many nights out, I haven't had many "girls night out".

So I had to use my imagination.  Maybe the evening would include drinks and dancing.  We were instructed to use something that would sparkle, so I used some big Chinese crystal rondelles and some Czech glass faceted rounds.  I wanted to create something that had a lot of bling but was sophisticated and not over the top.  I also wanted to make something that would have a lot of movement and catch the light.  The pendant is a bit of large link chain embellished with clusters of wire-wrapped dangles.  It's strung from a long brass chain.  The chain is long and falls at the bust, but it's not so long that it would annoyingly bounce against the belly when dancing or get caught on anything.  I think it turned out really nice.

Are you interested in participating in a creative challenge?  CLICK HERE to get your calendar.

No comments: