Thursday, March 14, 2013

Christmas in March...

Way back in November, I was selected to participate in Lorelei Eurto's annual 12 Days of Christmas Handmade Gift Swap.  I was really excited to participate and started working on my exchange gifts.  And then... a series of unfortunate events happened and my happy little plans deviated.  This is why you're reading this in March and not December.

In any event, I was able to finish everything up and send out all the gifts.  Only a few months tardy!  There were more delays and speed bumps than I would like to think about, but everything is out there and either at their recipient's door or on their way.  I was even disciplined enough not to open any of the packages in this gift exchange until now.  (In hindsight, that might not have been the best idea considering that there might be perishables, but I lucked out and nothing was rotten or stale.)  It even snowed here while I was opening my packages.  Making it a white Christmas in March!

And without any further ado... here's what was waiting for me:

1.  Candied nuts from Lorelei Eurto.
2.  Colorful holiday ornament from Whimsy's Wonders.
3.  Unisex bracelet from Suzette Bentley.

4.  Crocheted wrist bracelet and candy from Jodie Marshall.
5.  Feldspar and dragon keychain from Therese Frank.
6.  Beaded key fob or ornament from Amy Freeland.

7.  This is what I sent out!  It's a porcelain pendant or ornament with a matte velour glaze and fine silver accents on the stars and tree.  I carved the mold, pressed each one out and painstakingly glazed everything with tiny brushes.  For the ones I sent out, I included a bit of ribbon for hanging.
8.  Beaded napkin rings/place card holder from Erin Prais-Hintz.  (If you like them, you can make your own by following THESE instructions.)
9.  Snowflake ornament and chandelier crystal ornament from Melissa Trudinger.

10.  Christmas-themed hot pads, a little sombrero ornament, mini woven rug, beaded ornament and Lux Perpetua candle from Toltec Jewels.
11.  Stitched fabric notebook cover and notebook from Suzanne Reynolds.
12.  Copper and stone riveted bracelet from Gina Hockett.

I want to thank everyone who participated for their generosity and for their patience!  It was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a fun seasonal activity!

3 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Andrew,
I received my ornament/pendant today in the mail and I love it, thank you so very much. I loved the surprise of receiving your gift in the mail today.
Therese

TesoriTrovati said...

I got this sweet package in the mail yesterday, Andrew. It is so beautiful, and I appreciate so much that your hand made each one. I will be placing this in my studio where I can see it and be inspired by it all year long. What discipline that you have to wait so long to open them! Thank you so much for this unexpected and lovely gift! It is my 'something good' today! Enjoy the day. Erin

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful ornament, Andrew, it's truly lovely! And one of the quickest packages to fly across the world -- only took a week!