Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 30

Necklace, bracelet, earrings.  The last real prompt for the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge was to create a matching set of jewelry.

I decided to utilize some large-link silver chain, faceted aquamarine rondelles and white vintage German glass.  I love how light and airy the chain is and how the dangles are playful and add a sense of whimsy.  The colors are cool and refreshing.

Normally I prefer larger clasps, but I am a smitten kitten with the swivel lobster clasps and I think they function perfectly.

I think that they form a unified set.  I don't make a lot of matching jewelry, but I liked thinking about the elements that I liked and wanted to reappear in each incarnation.  Some things carry throughout the three different pieces, like the colors and the metal.

To see a list of all of the challenge to celebrate National Craft Month, CLICK HERE.

No comments: