Monday, March 04, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 4

The prompt for Day 4 of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge was to learn a new bead weaving stitch.

I've done brick stitch in the past, but I've never done circular brick stitch.  So I set about creating a little dainty pendant out of the new (to me) stitch.  I think it turned out nice.  Sometimes when I learn a new stitch, the first attempt looks like a chewed piece of gum until I understand the stitch and it clicks in my brain and in my hands.  This one reminds me of stained glass or the pavers in a Southern garden.  (I imagine that's where it gets its name... because it looks like bricks.)

If you'd like to challenge yourself to celebrate National Craft Month, CLICK HERE to get your own calendar to follow along.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny, I did a circular brick stitch for the challenge as well :-)