Sunday, March 03, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 2

On the second day of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge, they prompted us to "string up a beautiful bracelet or necklace and crimp away!"  So, I created this necklace.  I used a mix of sponge coral, carnelian, and Czech glass.  To pull the piece together, I used a bronze "S" clasp from Scottsdale Bead Company.  The focal of the necklace is a beautiful piece of antique, Tibetan amber!

I have been hoarding the amber beads like crazy and was reluctant to use it.  But I love it so much that I wanted to make something with it.  For the focal, I capped the bead with bronze bead caps from Saki Silver.

Fortunately, I was able to find some more from my source.  It's a finite amount and when she's out, she's out.  I did see a necklace that was made out of similar amber beads and it was marked over $500!

I think that these beads are just amazing and I could fixate on them all day.  They've got such a luscious honey color and seem to glow.

I've listed a handful of them in our online shop.  CLICK HERE to find out more about them and to get your very own, if you're interested.  And if you're interested in participating in the challenge: CLICK HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love this amber! Wow. And what a treat to see your designs again; SO happy that you're doing this challenge ;)