Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 13

We were asked to use our favorite seed bead mix in a design for the Day 13 prompt of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge.  I decided to use the Black Bonfire Mix.

I was originally going to make an entire bracelet out of tubular peyote stitch.  After a few inches, I realized that it wouldn't be as flexible as I would have liked.  And went back to the drawing board.

Instead of creating the entire bracelet out of tubular peyote stitch, I created a small slider and passed it over a multi-strand bracelet.  I brought the bracelet together with a sterling silver toggle from Saki Silver.  I'm quite smitten with the movement and think it's a fun and wearable piece.

Want a creative kick in the pants?  Why not try the challenge out?  It's not too late!  CLICK HERE for your calendar of prompts.

No comments: