Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 28

The prompt for Day 28 of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge was to create a wire-wrapped bracelet.  I used a combination of copper wire and bronze wire to create this embellished bangle.  I used the Now That's a Jig! bangle puck to shape the base of the bracelet.

To dress it up, I created wire-wrapped dangles strung with amber, Swarovski crystals, and yellow opal.  The dangles give the piece nice movement and a little playfulness.  The dangles flank the focal of the bracelet.  The focal is a large copper-colored, Cosmic-cut, Swarovski crystal.

The back of the bangle is micro-wrapped with faceted Hessonite garnets.  I love the way that they stud the bracelet.  I think I might make a few bangles that are entirely wrapped in this fashion.

The month is almost up, but you can still download one of the calendars by CLICKING HERE.

2 comments:

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Really beautiful bangle. I love how each side is different yet complements one another perfectly. Great color scheme too.

Lori Greenberg said...

This is gorgeous! I love these colors!