Friday, March 29, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 29

We're coming closer to the completion of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge.  For Day 29, our prompt was to add a POP of color to a design.  I decided that I would brighten up the design with the vibrant red of a coral disc.  I used this piece amongst a gray river-stone, vintage black ceramic, faceted tourmalated quartz, silver chain, a fine pewter link from my family at Green Girl Studios, gunmetal seed beads, and a jet Swarovski crystal.  I thought that this asymmetrical piece needed a little bit more visual balance, so I cheated a little bit and added a red jasper barrel bead.  It's not so red that it takes away from the POP of the coral disc.

There's only one more challenge left.  To see all of the prompts over the month, CLICK HERE.

No comments: