Friday, March 08, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 7

Day 7 in the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge had us work with a piece of cord.  Originally, I was going to make a wrapped cord bracelet inspired by Chan Luu, but I decided to do something different.

Instead, I used a resin wavy bangle from Natural Touch Beads and covered it in leather cording.  I drilled a hole in the resin and inserted the end of the blue leather.  The rest of it was tightly coiled and glued down with an extra strong adhesive. In one segment I did a tubular peyote stitch in silver-lined, sky blue Miyuki seed beads.  I wanted to break it up with a POP of color and used some red leather.

I'm pleased with the end result and will definitely use this technique again in the future.

Want a challenge?  It's not too late to celebrate National Craft Month with Fusion Beads.  CLICK HERE for your calendar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the most original bracelet I've seen in ages;cool design & crazy fun colors!