Monday, July 30, 2007

Wondercabinet: Specimen Prints...



Today, in the post I got some limited-edition silkscreen prints to add to my collection. The very talented artist who crafted these pieces is Amy Walsh of Wondercabinet. These are the first three prints in her Specimen Series. In them, she has skillfully collaged together various plants and animals to create these fantastical beings, which she then silkscreened on found vintage book pages. Aren't they great?!?! CLICK HERE to to directly to her Etsy shop. I originally saw these prints on the Design*Sponge blog and just had to have them. The original editions (of the first two) were sold out, so I had to beg her to make more, which she begrudgingly did. I cannot wait to collect the other nine that have yet to be released.

7 comments:

Cynthia Thornton said...

I must have them to add to my wonder cabinet!

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Those are very cool. I really like the uniqueness of the images.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Cynthia! I thought the very same thing. YO! Let's do a collaboration station. Maybe I'll do some backgrounds, and you can do some drawings or mini paintings and then we'll do an edition of prints? We're crafty. We can do it. Maybe we can work on it while I'm down there at the end of August! I'm so excited to be visiting. It's been a while.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Tari... I agree. My favorite is the second one. It's a goodie. I love the others, but my favorite is the second one.

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

That one is nice, great color, like the print background. I am drawn to the first one. Not sure if its the red or the action of the lines.
They are all great!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

these are freaking great!

Andrew Thornton said...

I love them. I will rip them off when I get more time and make my own.