Sunday, July 08, 2007

Art Bead Scene: The Mermaid's Grotto 6...

I've made yet another submission for this month's Art Bead Scene Challenge, The Mermaid's Grotto.

I was doing a lot of thinking about the sea at different times of day and how depending on weather conditions and where the sun is in the sky, it appears to be different colors. So, I'm breaking a little bit away from the blues and greens that I was working with recently. This one utilizes more purples, grays, and more subtle shades of green. The pewter mermaid doughnut is by my family at Green Girl Studios, the shell beads are from Lillypilly Designs, the "faux-boro" rondells are from Val at Gray Parrot Glass Studio, the stones and pearl are from Talisman Associates Inc., the heavy silver chain is from Jess Imports, and the gold cornerless cubes are from Saki Silver.

7 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I love this one the most!!!

Cindy said...

They do just keep getting better and better, if that's possible.

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks so much! I'm just having fun and using some pieces that are laying about the house. I'm glad that everone is enjoying them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew... I am new to your blog after finding it through a link on Cindy's page. She has also mentioned how talented you are. Your work is lovely, organic and elegant. Dreamy, too.

I loved what you said about the sea... I am at my family home in Northern Michigan and we had a tremendous storm come up over the water today. You can see my photos of it on own blog...www.unweavingthenest.com

Follow the link in the title bar to Michigan 2007.

Loved your post on Neruda, too. One of my favourite poets.

ps... my favourite necklace so far is number 4, but they are all just beautiful. A mermaid would be lucky to wear them...

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Kateri,

Thanks for stopping by. Cindy has been a blogger buddy from since before she even had a blog. Those are mighty flattering words. Thank you.

I'll try to stop by your blog once I finish up all the projects here. Hopefully soon! My eyes are so tired.

Cindy said...

Check out Kateri's recipes when you get a chance to see her blog. And..Kateri, if you click Andrew's link (under #4) to Lisa Kan's site, you can get a great view of the Haiku bead.

Andrew Thornton said...

I will do that when I get a spare moment or two! I really love Lisa Kan's Haiku beads. They're great.