Monday, July 23, 2007

An End to All Things...

I just finished the latest Harry Potter book. My mind is still reeling and whirling with the bittersweet agitation. It's hard to imagine that this is the last book. All I can say is that I'm going to miss these characters. J.K. Rowling introduced a wonderful and imaginative world full of magic and adventure that will not easily be forgotten. I think she's truly accomplished something, especially when the reader internalizes the stories and really cares about the characters as if they were actually individuals in one's day-to-day life. As there is a beginning, so too is there an end to all things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed, and savoured the book. I think the very best thing about Harry is that so many children learned to love a story well told. And there are many many wonderful stories out there to discover, so hopefully they will all continue to read them!

Cindy said...

Perhaps J.K. Rowling can be freer now to write on a different level, transforming what is inside of her to a new form. It's always hard to let go of characters that have started to become real...but their true essence never really goes away, I think.