Sunday, July 15, 2007

Art Bead Scene: The Mermaid's Grotto 8...

I had to take a little break from making things for the Art Bead Scene challenge, The Mermaid's Grotto. I just had to deal with some other more pressing matters. However, here is a new one. It's a quickie, but I think a goodie.

I used pieces of beach glass that my sister, Sheila hand-drilled. The tumbled serpentine and pearls came from Talisman Associates Inc., the fine pewter mermaid pendant came from my family (Green Girl Studios), and the Swarovski crystals came from Fusion Beads. I got the chain from a store in Raleigh, NC called Ornamentea.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Definitely a goodie. There's something so poetic in the way you put the elements together. I've been wanting to teach myself how to drill stones...I really like the drilled beach glass...she did a nice job on them.

I'll write soon, too.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

good wiring, balance, color, design. love this one! you rock, Andrew! I just love your designs!

Anonymous said...

hi andrew...i love the sea glass...it works very well with this piece...we leave tomorrow for the long journey back to N.C.
...i'll let you know when we arrive...

Anonymous said...

So lovely...

have I missed something... do you sell these lovely creations?

Andrew Thornton said...

Coming from you Jean, that's a BIG compliment! Thanks so much for your kind words.

Andrew Thornton said...

Good luck with the trip Tony!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Kateri,

I will sometimes sell pieces, but I mostly do design work for magazines and for samples for my family's company, Green Girl Studios. I'm so blessed to be apart of such a creative family that's supportive and encouraging! I love working with their components!