Saturday, July 28, 2007

Surprise...

Nowadays, I don't do too many bead shows. I work maybe two a year and drop in a couple of others to catch up with my bead show buddies. When I do work the shows, I usually do the big ones like Bead & Button and the Tucson shows, but I've added to my list the Long Island Bead Festival! It's really exciting and I can't wait! I love doing the shows because you get to interact with your customers one on one. One of my favorite things to do is to see what people have been making. It is always such a creative and inspirational environment. This will be a new show for Green Girl Studios, so I'm excited to make new friends and meet new people!

Here are the details:

Long Island Bead Festival
Sunday, September 9th 2007
10 AM to 5 PM
Marriott Islandia, 3635 Express Drive North
Islandia, Long Island, NY 11749
(Exit 58 off Long Island Expressway/ I-495)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew! I love to see what youre up to here and there and buzzing about...its a warm cosy place your blog! Even though I want to move back to VA (will I ever) Im gearing up for a job now...and hopefully that will jump start me reaching out to the lampwork world. Ive found someone that gives classess...etc this would be a great joy of mine to do this. Im so impatient lol!
Im so glad your better and your migraines gone...yes I remember in Scotland no light in the room and NO sound! I hope your travels today are joyous...
huggs Janet

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I grew up on Long Island and so did my mother's side of the family.

Prepare yourself for the Long Island Expressway.
meditate.

remind me to tell you about Sol Levitt, who built Levittown, the famous town of houses named after him, which were so much a part of how Long island got populated early on...and what happened when he came to Tiffany's when I was working in the China department, as a kid, for my summer job.

I wish I could come to this show.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

maybe his name was seymour. I'll get that fact straight before i tell this story--it's fun!

Unknown said...

I was raised on Long Island... North Bellmore right next to Levittown! That man really put out a ton of starter homes. They must be worth a fortune now...and just think my Mothers backyard was a potato feild at one time....always kinda of makes me feel sad tho as to what was LI was so very long ago! Ive heard the trees are big and beautiful now...it is a lovely place nevertheless. You can take the belt (Southern State Pky to LI easier and pretty drive but it may put youn off the path for the bead show. Andrew if you can make the time go out to "Garveys Point" it has a long jetty and feilds its set in such prettyness. II sure miss the bakerys too in that place!

Andrew Thornton said...

I'm going to have some extra special surprises for the show. I can't wait! I really want to make it special since it'll be awhile until the next show that I do. It promises to be a good time. Make sure to let everyone you know in the Long Island area know that we'll be there!