Friday, October 01, 2010

31 Skull Designs: Day One...

I thought that for the month of October, I'd do a design featuring skull-themed components everyday. I thought it might be a nice way to celebrate the season and get in the mood for Halloween. For the first Skull Design, I made a pair of earrings. In this design, I used brown-colored niobium earwires from the Odyssey & Bead Expressions, crystal copper Swarovski Crystals from Fusion Beads, Czech glass from Artbeads.com, a variety of copper chain from Ornamentea, faceted pearls from Talisman Associates and the polymer skull charms from Lynn Davis of Expedition D. I love the warm, rich autumnal color palette and how cute the round-faced skulls are. The design is simple, with lots of movement.

I hope everyone enjoys the 31 days of skull designs!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay-how cool! for Halloween & Dia de Los Muertos ;)

horimarika said...

I like this earring! And can't wait for more...

Alice said...

What a cute idea! I can't wait to see more.

Spirited Earth said...

great idea,
i love your work..

SummersStudio said...

This such a fun idea. I love Halloween.

AJ said...

I'm looking forward to 30 more days of skulls! :D

TesoriTrovati said...

Super cool as ever, Andrew. Reminds me that I have a skully from you. Must use that this month!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Love these! I really like the addition of chain and the movement. What fun...can't wait to see what you do over the course of the month. It's certainly inspiring me to make some.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I'm always curious how you use the beads, it's fantastic to see the little skullies as earrings. I love the colors and movement of them, I bet they're fun to wear! Thanks for adding your great design to them, I'm excited about the results.