Sunday, September 23, 2007

Quick Now...

The days have been flying quickly past. I've hardly had any time to blog at all. I've been trying to keep up, but alas... I've fallen behind. We've all been really busy. The cards are coming along a little slower than I would have liked, but I'll just pull an all-nighter tomorrow night to get everything finished on schedule.

It has also been an interesting few days, because it's the autumn equinox and my birthday is just around the corner. Only a day or two away now. Usually this puts me in an extremely social mood. I usually have a big party with all my favorite people. This year I had planned to have a Alice in Wonderland themed tea party. All the beverages would be served in tea cups and be "tea" themed. And I had visions of building Wonderland in my apartment. However, since I'm down here... all of those plans have been dashed and I've been in a hyper-meditative space lately. Although I don't really even acknowledge my real age (many would be surprised what it really is...) I use my birthday as an opportunity to celebrate my friends and the bonds we've made. So being away from everyone has forced me to look inward and deeply, at what is important to me, and where I want to direct my future.

The days are passing quick now. The falling of the leaves, marks the diminishing light and the turning of the wheel... yet again.

4 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

You are a Libra then. No wonder I like you. Jim is a libra. the need for balance and peace in your life...that is how I managed to get Jim to fall in love with me, when he didn't plan on it. I made him a cosy home. He had never had one.
Sociable funny and brilliant.
Now, I sort of see Jim as a bird. He has the bright eyes of a bird!

And you have so much owl in you!

Interesting!

also: Libras adore food. !!!

by the way, Jim is incredibly artistic, as is my Libra sister, an interior designer in NYC, who cannot be beat at what she does. she is awesome and incredible! but don't touch her stuff--she knows if you move it around, even just a tiny bit!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, some of us do have *some* idea of your age :)

So sorry the tea party won't work out -- but can you close you eyes and see everyone drinking out of either really HUGE or really SMALL teacup -- and a variety of tea options of course -- everything from green tea to Russian tea -- to orange pekoe and raspberry and hibiscus and...lots of tea bags & pitchers all over...and that's before you add in all the scones, muffins, petit fours 4 all, 4 ever!!

And all the playing cards (oracle cards, in your case) running around life-sized causing mischief?

I see a wild ride when I envision it! Many happen returns on your special day!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Jean! Yep... I'm a libra. Though I do have a lot of virgo tendancies. I'm not exactly on the cusp, but pretty close.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Lynn. Just so you know... Cynthia was wrong about my age. Ha ha ha! My mom doesn't even know how old I am anymore. :-)

I will have to do just that and let my imagination run wild. I am glad to take some time for my family and for a break from New York, but I miss my friends something horrible.