Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Needful Things...

Above: Image of the outside facade of the Needful Things antique store in Hendersonville, North Carolina.


Above: My finds from the antique store.

After a busy morning full of work and meetings, Cynthia and I drove back down to Hendersonville to check out the antique store we spotted on our way back from the taxidermy shop called, Needful Things. Apparently over 400 shops in the U.S. are called the same thing. This one in particular was named after the Stephen King book, but I wonder how many were like that before and rued the day the book came out with all its suggestions and anti-consumerist implications.
Neither Cynthia or I were in top form to be antique shopping. Both of us had stayed up way too late the night before and hadn't eaten anything for breakfast. But I still think we found some good deals. I got a milk glass amphora-style tea cup from Fire King, two carved wooden toy figurines, a set of antique keys (small keys not pictured), a wooden owl for my curio case, an opalescent milk glass salt cellar, and a jadeite milk-glass shot glass. All good finds.

No comments: