Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Endings Card...

Cynthia and I have been working so hard on the oracle deck! Oh my goodness! It is unlikely that we'll finish up on target for our scheduled debut at Faerie Con. That's sad, but we're really putting a lot of energy, time, and consideration into these cards. Each one is loaded with symbols, layers, and meaning. We all have agreed that we'd like to really do our very best and not just get it done. I'm proud of our decisions.


We will be featuring prints and possibly greeting cards of some of the images that have already been completed.

To the above right is a preview of the "Endings" card. In summary, this card symbolizes inertia, standstill, freezing, obstacles, a halt of progress and the ending of a situation.

You can see a preview of the "Enchantment" card with a mandrake root on Cynthia's blog by CLICKING HERE.

6 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I understand this card more than you might think. I am drawn to this card. I believe that many people will be. Your cards, the two I have seen, are incredibly moving and beautiful.

The Lone Beader® said...

This is beautiful!

Also, thanks for stoppin by my blog today. Cheers from Boston=:)

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Jean! I'm glad that you can appreciate and understand this card. We wanted to create a system that was loaded with symbolism that could easliy be picked up and personalized by whoever had the deck.

It means a lot to us that you enjoy the images we've been working so hard on.

The oracle cards will actually be pocket sized, the size of a business card... so the image on the blog post is a tiny bit bigger than it'll actually be. I think it'll be a great portable deck. Eventually I think we want to do a larger deck... but that will come in time if it is meant to be.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hello The Lone Beader!

Thanks so much! My sister and I have been working on these cards for an oracle deck. I work on the backgrounds and she paints in the figures and foreground. It's a great collaboration project for us.

It was my pleasure stopping by and checking out what you had up. Keep warm! I'm in Asheville, NC at the moment and it's getting chilly here. I can only imagine how it is up in Boston. I'm don't know if I'll be ready or not for returning to the chilly weather in New York... then again... I'll get to bust out the scarves. :-)

Sarah Ogren said...

Great work! I can't wait to see the other cards you come up with!

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks so much! Check out Cynthia's blog for a couple of others that we're previewing.