Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pervigilium Veneris...

In working on the Oracle deck, I've been thinking about the work for my next show. One of the literary sources I've been contemplating is The Waste Land by T.S. Eliot. I love how rich it is with allusions and mythological connections. One of the references is to Perivilium Veneris. CLICK HERE for the translation.

"Cras amet qui numquam amavit; quique amavit cras amet."
- "Let him love tomorrow who has never loved and let he who has loved love tomorrow."

3 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I am TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THAT POEM!!!

Andrew Thornton said...

I love that poem as well!

I think I want to make a bead with the quote I featured in the post.

"Let him love tomorrow who has never loved and let he who has loved love tomorrow."

Perhaps another heart bead?

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

that encompasses all of it