Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dinner at Eight...

Above: Gazpacho soup with chicken quesadilla.


For dinner I made gazpacho soup, which is a cold soup that's made with lots of fresh vegetables. It seems like I was chopping for hours. Only after I finished did I discover that we had a food processor. Sheila made chicken quesadillas to accompany the soup. For dessert, we made baked Asian pears with star anise and honey. The pears are cooked all wrapped up in parchment paper and have a tender, glowing white flesh that's lightly sweet and heavily aromatic.

Above: Baked Asian pear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... That Asian pear is so beautiful...

You make me want to forget all about art... and just cook wonderful food all the time.

Swoons........

XoxoxoX
Jane

Andrew Thornton said...

I love food. I think that it is important to remember that the fuel that propels our bodies can be a great source of inspiration and creativity. You would be surprised at all the tips and tricks I've picked up for the studio from cooking shows and cook books.