Saturday, January 08, 2011

Note...

Firstly, to address the emails I've been receiving: I am fine. We did end up going to Safeway here in Tucson, but it was a different one than the one that has been in the news. It's a sad day for Tucson. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head, several others were injured, and some died... including a child. What a horrible thing to happen! I can't wrap my head around why someone would do something like this. I don't want to wrap my head around it. Regardless of parties or politics, all I know is that it is a heinous act.

7 comments:

Regina said...

Glad you and Kate are safe. Reading about the tragedy right now. Take care.

Alice said...

What a tragedy. Like you, I can't wrap my head around something like this, especially when a young child is involved. I'm so glad you were not there.

Xmichra said...

That was a shock for many people, I am glad to hear you and Kate are alright.

Making sense of madness is never an enlightening endevour.

steufel said...

Glad you and Kate are fine! They reported about this here in Germany, too! I will never understand these things. It is so horrible!

Shel said...

Glad to hear you are fine. I'm not sure there will ever be a complete understanding as to why these tragically sad things happen. We used to live in Tucson and our son's pediatrician's office is right behind that Safeway. Tucson's a great place and so are the people there - I know everyone there will band together to help each other during this tough time.

jamberry_song said...

Glad you're both all right. So sad, this tragic event. :(

TesoriTrovati said...

So glad you are safe. You were the first persons that I thought of when this all unfolded.

Prayers on my mind for all.