Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Most Excellent...

Breakfast was a beautiful thing. Coconut pancakes with ginger syrup were absolutely scrumptious. I combated what germs I might have picked up from my fellow travelers with fresh squeezed juice from the oranges and the grapefruits in the yard. A delicious way to start the day.

I sat down and read today for a few hours. It was delightful! I can't remember the last time that I was afforded the luxury of reading something just for myself that didn't have any purpose but to entertain and inspire me. I do a fair good amount of reading throughout the week, but admittedly it's usually rather sterile or task oriented.

After a few errands, we embarked upon a successful reconnaissance mission.

One of the components to our workshop is treasure hunting. So we scouted several locations we felt would best yield results and had a lot of fun in the process.

One of the locations had a built-in restaurant. The brisket was mouthwateringly delicious. I made a mental note of this. I am such a slave to a good pulled pork or slow-cooked meal.

Our mission delivered many treasures, both beautiful and terrible. I particularly liked all the brightly colored and often whimsical in construction Mexican ceramics. We did find some really terrifying "furniture" that will probably haunt my nightmares.

I also learned today that red and green buffalo with wings and bright blue eyes cry silver tears.

9 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Oh, Andrew, those pancakes look delicious! Glad you had a great day!

Spirited Earth said...

Looks like you are enjoying your travels..your food photos are making me hungry

kate mckinnon said...

all y'all can come over for my special coconut and ginger pancakes any time you want.

Bring velvet walnuts!

Barbara Lewis said...

Wow, Andrew! It sounds like so much fun!

Unknown said...

You are in Tucson already? Yay!

beadologist said...

mmmm... coconut anything is my favorite.
Gee, and I always thought they cried tears of gold.

Rebecca said...

Fabulous pictures! I wish I was there to explore too :-)

AJ said...

I want coconut pancakes, too! Guess I'd better go find some velvet walnuts ;)

MoonRae said...

I'm soooo jealous!!!!
~Sharon~