Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Meal...


Last night I made a nice dinner. We got some amazing steaks at the Trader Joe's. Really inexpensive and high quality always scores well in my book. I caramelized some onions in a pan and then sauteed the steaks in the onion-pan-dripping-goodness and some butter. While those were cooking up, I made some whipped mashed sweet potatoes. My secret is a little bit of maple syrup and lots of butter. They become light, airy and the maple helps round out the sweetness of the potatoes (and of course, the butter gives a nice richness). With the potatoes, steak, and onions, I made a grapefruit salad with avocados, sun-ripened tomatoes, red onions and cilantro on top of spinach greens.

3 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

Heavenly.

Rebecca said...

I wish I was sitting down to that dinner now!

Unknown said...

Hands down, I think that Trader Joe's has the best fillets.