Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Morning Coffee...

One of the things that I love about where I'm staying is that it's full of art. Even the dishes and mugs are works of art. The mug shown to the left was made by the talented ceramist, Allison Shock of Three Star Owl. Drinking from it seems so right. The form swells and contracts at just the right places, fitting cupped hands and hooked thumbs perfectly. The textural patterns are a braille, warmed by the liquid within it.

Morning coffee becomes a conversation.

4 comments:

Faye said...

Hey Andrew! Glad you arrived, safe and sound (travel insanity aside) to the land of Kate & warmth...

(speaking of Kate this morning I came across this link for interesting tiny houses
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/inspiring-small-homes-2433854/ )

What coffee is contained in does matter - none of my mugs match each other. Each is handmade or has a story or a memory it's tied to. One of my favorite daily morning rituals is to discern and decide which one belongs to that day.

Enjoy your weeks there as they unfold and reveal the adventure(s)

Faye

SueBeads said...

How fantastic! I'm jealous! Have a great time Andrew!

kate mckinnon said...

"a brail"

I love that.

rosebud101 said...

Beautiful!!!!!