Friday, August 06, 2010

Self-Portrait Friday...

Lately, I've been having rather intense dreams. This is not uncommon. I used to keep a Dream Journal on my bedside table and would record everything I could remember upon awakening before it faded. I haven't done that for awhile though. I woke up this morning with verdant green still blazing in my mind's eye. No need for a journal to recount the details of this dream! I was being swallowed up by tendrils and vines. I was being consumed by a thousand shades of green. Leafy sprouts were bursting from my body and I was slowly transforming into a mass of leaves. As disturbing as this sounds, I wasn't panicked in my dream. On the contrary, I was perfectly at peace. It felt as though I was finally accomplishing and actualizing my purpose. Everything was as it should be.

12 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

LOVE this one!

Spirited Earth said...

hope that's not poison ivy you're snuggling up with..
just kidding
this is a beautiful photo.

kate mckinnon said...

AWESOME.

csd said...

Great photo!!

Unknown said...

That was Sweet!
And make me Smile!!

Eve Smith said...

What a great photo to go with your wonderful dream.

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

The visual picture of you really makes the story. Very creative. Growing up, my teachers always wrote in my report card that I was a daydreamer. So what's wrong with that?

Alice said...

Hmmm, I wonder what your dream is trying to tell you....

Sandy Spivey said...

Andrew this is Beautifully written and conveyed...

Pretty Things said...

That's such a cool photo -- one of my favorites!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Friday's photo is so awesome. I love how you captured your image the same as your dream! SWEET!

Shai Williams said...

Wow! I wish that I had such vivid dreams. I am so jealous!