Friday, August 20, 2010

If I Had a Million Dollars: Figurative Women Sculptors...

When I was a kid, my friend Jenni and I used to imagine what we'd do if we had trash bags full of money. I sometimes still play this game. What would I do if I had inexhaustible bank accounts? Of course, there's a lot of good that could be done in the world and there are so many people in need that money could help. But... if I had to spend the money on things for myself, ART would definitely be one of the things that I would purchase.

Here's a (short) list of six of some of the figurative women sculptors that I would collect:

4 comments:

Spirited Earth said...

i play that game too..if money were no object, what would i do.
good post.
Marie and Esther are two of my favs.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Kiki Smith would be on my list to.
Debbie

Andrew Thornton said...

I think one of my new goals in life will be to own a Esther Shimazu piece.

Vickie Hallmark said...

Thank you for bringing Kate MacDowell to my attention. I am awed by her work.