Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Golden Twilight...

Early afternoon thunderstorms rolled through. On the other end of them was sunset. With the sunset came the most golden light I've seen. Everything was bathed in a wash of gilded warmth, making the rain-soaked vista bright and vibrant. I marveled at the magic hour. The rain-splattered flowers on the deck were luminescent and sparkled. Overhead was a double rainbow. I would have spent more time taking pictures, but really... it was so amazing that I was too busy being in the moment.

10 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

...double rainbow, oh my god, it's so beautiful, what does it mean?... (did you see Jimmy Fallon perform the Double Rainbow, as Neil Young?)

I love that golden light. We don't really get it here in the desert, we get pink light instead. Both are soultingling.

Unknown said...

LOVE that light!

I'm sorry you won't be driving into Philly for Beadfest this year. You'll be missing out on Gooey Butter Cake this time :)

kathyd said...

beautiful photo andrew .
thank you for sharing .

Unknown said...

Heavenly Andrew!!

TesoriTrovati said...

I love getting a glimpse of the world through your eyes, Andrew. You remind me to slow down and be in the moment. Thank you.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Sheila Davis Designs said...

I love your writing Andrew,you make me feel like I was there...

The Hole Bead Shoppe said...

mouth watering...

Ulla said...

Double rainbows are for double luck! How wonderful that you were in the moment at the right time Andrew! Love the photo, like a fallish fairytale...
Hoping you are well and happy!
Hugs
Ulla

Here Bead Dragons said...

amazing picture - just beautiful
what a wonderful day you had.

jennifer said...

looks just magical.