Monday, March 30, 2009

Four New Designs...

I took the advice of LeAnn of Summers Studio Pottery and said, "To heck with you household chores!  I am through with you!"  Instead I made stuff.  It has been a nice distraction from tech editing and project instruction writing and my other deadlines.  If I wasn't balancing out the analytical work with the creative work, I'm sure I'd go bonkers.  So here are four new designs:

The turquoise, white coral, pearls, and magnetic pewter clasp are from Talisman Associates Inc., the polymer bead is from Pam Wynn of Pam and Heather Wynn, the fine pewter bird bead is from my family at Green Girl Studios, and the ceramic leaf is from Every Heart Crafts.

The pearls, golden coral, and goldstone are from Talisman Associates Inc., the Swarovski crystals in satin padparadscha and crystal copper are from Fusion Beads,  the image transfer polymer pendant is from Heather Wynn, and the shibuichi bird toggle is from my family at Green Girl Studios.  All of the copper chain is from Ornamentea.  
 
This picture doesn't really show off the design of the bracelet.  However, it does spotlight the shibuichi toggle from Saki Silver well and the closure is my favorite part of this bracelet.  The goldstone and agate are from Talisman Associates Inc., the banana leaf covered wooden beads are from J & M Gems 'n' Things, the crystal pearls are from Fusion Beads, and the "sean bean" or polished "ojo de venado" beads are from The Colombian Craft Connection.  The brass cable chain is from Ornamentea.

The shibuichi flower clasp is from my family at Green Girl Studios, the goldstone, faceted pearls, and carnelian are from Talisman Associates Inc., the crystal pearls are from Fusion Beads, the chain is from Ornamentea, and the lampwork glass gingko leaves are from Lisa Kan.  This is a simpler version of a necklace that I did a year or so ago.  (That necklace had a silver Anne Choi bead as the focal.)  I liked the movement in that piece and wanted to capture just that. So I simplified the silhouette to put more focus is the movement of the lampwork leaves.

5 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

They are stunning Andrew! I looove the first one with the bird, and Erin's ceramic leaf! Sweet color combo too!

Erin Siegel said...

Andrew-All the designs are beautiful! I'm so excited you used my leaf!Thank you so much! It brings me such joy to see my pieces in others work. I feel so blessed to have such amazingly talented people using my components! Thanks, again Andrew!

SueBeads said...

Don't you just LOVE Lisa's gingko leaves? They are fantastic!

SummersStudio said...

Holy Smokes! You must be burning with creative fire right now. I love all of these pieces. In fact I couldn't even begin to choose a favourite.

Braden Hammond Glass said...

beautiful!