Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Time Traveler's Wife...

Here's a new piece that I've whipped up. I call it, "The Time Traveler's Wife." It was named after the book by Audrey Niffenegger with the same title . I think it came out very Steampunk, blending a lot of modern elements with romantic vintage components like the old brass key, filigree from Vintaj, and vintage German glass from Talisman Associates. I think the piece looks better worn, as all the counter-balances make everything hang nicely.

7 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

stunning! looks like something I'd see in Stringing magazine from you!
:)

Jacki said...

Yes, it is beautiful. I loved the rose colored flower one too. Thanks for the peek!!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Jamie Hogsett, when I was first getting to know her, told me to read that book. She is just the coolest. and so is you necklace!come see yourself on my blog and and on my amazon blog, too! xox jean

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks, Lorelei! The piece is slated not for Stringing... but something close. ;-)

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Ruby Rose! Thank you! And it's my pleasure to share.

Andrew Thornton said...

I love Jamie Hogsett! She's great. She's given me a couple of books that I've got on my reading list.

Thank you, Jean, for the opportunity to share a little bit of my creative process with others. It has been an honor and a pleasure and I am utterly flattered that you thought of me and included me in your interviews. Thanks again!

Adriano Maciel said...

hello!

OK, I hope so.

Excuse me if it does not seem very clear what I write because I do not speak English and use a translator of texts me to communicate with you.
now looking for Swarovisk Bjork and found your profile, I liked very much, beautiful work. I fell in love with his play The Time Traveler's Wife really beautiful.

I work with parecedo own, vizite my blog: cordecarmimacessorios.blogspot.com hope you enjoy.

success all the world.

strong hug!

Adriano / Brazil