Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Opalescent...

Here's a quick shot of some of my opalescent glass bead stash. I wasn't kidding when I said I had a small dragon's hoard worth! I had the intentions of creating a kit or a necklace series, but life caught me up and refused to let me go. The picture of the beads was taken with my milk glass orb, my Hudson Beach Glass nesting bowl, my Alice in Wonderland drinking glass, my opalescent glass salt bowl, and my mercury glass tea kettle. I love materials that capture and reflect light!

4 comments:

Cynthia Thornton said...

I love milk glass too. I just won a pitcher and drinking glass set on ebay and I can't wait to try them out!

Andrew Thornton said...

I am still kicking myself for not buying one of those planters at that GO grocery store that one time for $1.

I think milk glass is just so magical. I would be tempted to sell off lands and what not for a stack of them.

Anonymous said...

I love opalescent glass too, Andrew! You've got a way better stash than I do... :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a small stash of what I think are old milk glass cosmetic jars that we got from a trash heap on our acreage in rural VT. The house dates from the 1830s. I love to use them to hold items on my workbench.