Friday, September 24, 2010

Weightless...

I was having a hard time getting to sleep last night. It dawned on me as the sky started to lighten that I was indeed a little nervous about the surgery today. A little sluggish, I made my way out to the hospital to get it done. Everyone at the hospital was extremely kind and made sure that I was as comfortable as I could be. The procedure didn't hurt very much and was over fairly quickly. I was curious about all the implements and activities. The hospital is like a hive of bees, busily working. Now that the biopsy is done, I have to wait until my follow-up visit on to find out the results and hopefully the course of treatment. My side is sore and the spot stings, but I feel less burdened. It's as though a weight I didn't even know was there was lifted. Answers, for good or for bad, are soon to be revealed.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you peace, much health, and lotsa rest right now~

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Glad for you that the first part (and hopefully last) is over. So what plans do you have for your birthday? Yummy food I'm sure… We share our wedding anniversary with your birthday, so I will make sure to say a little extra something for you silently before enjoying dinner (Sushi?)...

stregata said...

Wishing you good answers and speedy recovery.

kate mckinnon said...

I guess we ended up with a Self Portrait Friday after all. That's a surprisingly reassuring shot, I like it very much.

Alice said...

I'm happy to know that part is over, and praying for good results.

Have a wonderful birthday weekend!

Unknown said...

Crossing my fingers for you. Here's to good health and lots of love and happiness.

Unknown said...

Im so glad that this part of things are over! Onward now..I think all will be ok with you! Speedy recovery..pamper etc!

Doreen said...

Sending you prayers and good wishes, Andrew.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

You're in my thoughts!

Jamar said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANDREW!!!!
Such a brave photo! I pray the end of that whole dilemna...happy news on your return visit to your doctor.
Hoping you have the grandest birthday!!!!!

Lucreatia said...

I keep fingers crossed for you and wish you all good.

lorrwill said...

Happy Birthday!

I trust everything went ok and hope you are wildly celebrating both.

ggs said...

Hang in there. I have had several biopsies at the dermatologist office, and I agree that the waiting for the lab results is unnerving. Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

Gail

Emma said...

I agree with the above poster - brave photo.

Fingers crossed and good luck with your test results. Hopefully you will find out very soon what's going on.

Yeli said...

I am glad that part is over with. I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care.

Erin Siegel said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Andrew! I wish the best for you. It is very likely that the lump is benign and nothing harmful. I know it is very scary, though. I have gone through similar situations with 2 lumps found in my breast. Luckily, they are benign and I am fine. I hope the same is true in your case! Take care of yourself! :)

Unknown said...

Sending healing thoughts your way!!!!

Gaea said...

I hope you are felling well! Thinking good thought about you!