Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tomato Sauce...

I've been receiving a lot of inquires about my health lately and how I'm feeling these days. I sincerely appreciate the support and the well-wishes. It truly means a lot to me. I honestly don't know anything yet. I'm tired, but that isn't unusual. The bump is sore, but I stupidly smashed it fishing a fallen poster from behind the washer machine. The biopsy is scheduled for Tuesday and we won't know anything until after that.

All I know right now is tomato sauce. The garden has been very abundant with tomatoes this year and I've been working to use them up before they spoil. So far, I've made gallons and gallons of sauce. Some are from recipes I've found online and others are of my own invention. Some are thick. Some are thinner. Some have a medley of vegetables (also from the garden) cooked in, while others are more purely unadulterated tomato. Some of the sauces are more exotic in flavoring and some are more straight-forward and what one would expect from tomato sauce. My thoughts have been focused on these sauces – the preparation, the clean-up in between and my storage options.

Regardless of how the tests turn out on Tuesday, I'd like to think back on these days and remember the simple joy of making something from the fruits of our labor that will nourish those that I love. Why worry? Why fret? Why be consumed by anxiety, when there's tomato sauce to think about?

6 comments:

Diana P. said...

Hope all goes well on Tuesday! ::hugs::

Roberta Warshaw said...

Many years ago I had a huge garden. I so loved tomatoes that I canned 365 jars of pure unadulterated tomatoes. During the long winter was the time when I cooked them into sauces. I can still smell and taste them. They were wondrous. Enjoy!

Yeli said...

I would love to have an orchard. I just cannot imagine how good each and every one of your tomato sauces taste.

Happy to see that you enjoy the simple things of life. Aren't those the ones that make us happy on a daily basis?

Ann said...

So wise! That is why I stop by to check in with you.

Tomato sauce cures lots of ills, yes?!


Ann
http://www.mycriticaleye.com

horimarika said...

Parents make tomato sause for us. We love that so much!!!!! I has all the smells, taste of summer in it. Tomato is full of life! Once I heard tomato is similar to our heart: it's red, the shape, the chambers...

Michelle said...

I hope all goes well with your biopsy.

Tomatos...yum...when i was a kid, we would can the whole tomatos to be used during the winter to just puree and make wonderful fresh tomato soup!
Bead happy!
Michelle