Monday, September 20, 2010

Autumn Equinox...

It's getting cooler, especially at night. The leaves are changing – bright splotches of red and gold against the dull green and brown. It's getting noticeably darker earlier and earlier. Fall is here. For dinner tonight, I decided to welcome the season with one of my favorite cool weather meals. I made a simple roasted chicken with vegetables. For the chicken, I made a red wine reduction sauce flavored with Fig Balsamic Vinegar from PastamorĂ©. The vinegar has a splash of vanilla and added a fruity, mellow sweetness to the sauce. PastamorĂ©, a Colorado-based company, has a great selection of gourmet pastas, oils, vinegars and marinades perfect for making dinner a special occasion.

3 comments:

Kathy Van Kleeck said...

Oh my salivary glands are going into high gear just looking at your sumptuous meal ... and that vinegar sounds divine.

The other thing that occurs to me - you have got to be the most generous and thoughtful person I've ever met. Throw in your intense perspective and keen eye and design skilss and I sit here just being blown away.

Amazing.

Not to mention huge thanks for the ongoing plugs.

blessings my friend

Unknown said...

Nothing like a Roast dinner on a cool to cold day! Your meals are something else!!!

SueBeads said...

Looks so yummy!