Thursday, April 07, 2011

Tired...

I'm tired in that deep down in your bones kind of tired. I got up early this morning and have been preparing to leave for Asheville tomorrow. I won't get a chance to sleep tonight, as my flight leaves at 5 AM and factoring in our travel time to the airport, it just doesn't make sense to go to bed. Basically, I'd hop in, roll over and get back out again. Hopefully I'll get some rest on the plane.

I got a lot done today, but not nearly enough. The planned shop update will have to wait till tomorrow. I will be posting some jet raven head beads among other things. If all goes well, I'll be putting up some really cool components I made out of filigree, vintage stamps, and resin. I think they're pretty dang neat, if I don't say so myself!

Babette and Paulo have sensed that I'm leaving and they have not exactly been thrilled about it. Paulo has been super cuddly and has been jumping up in my lap non-stop, in an attempt to dissuade me from leaving. I'm guessing that his logic is that maybe if he's cute enough, I won't go. Babette, more of a traveler and adventurer, keeps trying to sneak into my suitcase or bags. I can tell that she wants to go with me. She actually travels pretty well. She's very calm and rolls with the punches, unlike her brother who begins to yowl just seeing the carrier. I'll be back shortly though.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Cats have such different personalities, don't they. Safe travels to you.

somethingunique said...

hi Andrew, it's funny how cats are so intuitive they just don't miss a thing whenever i am packing my suitcase for a trip everytime i put something in the suitcase she takes it upon herself to jump right in cats just don't like to be alone at least your have each other and i always leave a radio or tv on because they don't like the complete silence well i hop you have a safe trip i eas heading to the shop to order some more of the indonesian water buffalo skulls(everyone i show those to are just in awe the details are amazing they look so realistic) i'll wait till u update the shop incase somethjing else catches my eye ttfn L:)

Mary K. McGraw said...

Great picture!!

Mystic Indigo said...

I don't have a cat, but my dog knows when I get into the shower in the am that means I am leaving and she pouts (I work from home). I love Asheville... Origami Ink is one of my fav's to stop into for papers! Have a great trip and see lots of fam and friends!