Saturday, April 23, 2011

Northbound...

Here I am, taking a break from packing clothes and charging batteries, before I head back home to Bolivar. I had a most excellent time here with my family. I'm excited for many things. Cynthia is carving stamps for metal coin pendants that will be exclusively sold in my shop, I did more field research for the Capturing the Moment workshop that will take place in October, and the fledgling "Third Millennium Light Brigade" was born. I did many things and got a lot done. Most importantly, I was able to spend time with my family. I haven't had much of an opportunity to do so recently. It's one of those things where you know something is missing, but you can't quite figure it out until after you've been away too long. I talked about replenishing energies, by visiting the sea, the mountains and the desert, but spending time with family and friends is another way to nurture the heart.

So, I'm heading back in just a little bit. I'm sad to leave, as I always am, but am excited for the many new things in the works. I'm looking forward to the road trip back with one of my good friends. It'll be nice to see her again and show her around my new home.

Now it's time to finish packing my things, so that I can hug those babies as much as possible before I go.

5 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Have a safe journey home!

Kathy Van Kleeck said...

So glad we found some time to visit and fuel inspiration. I'll keep you posted on the 3M Light Brigade. And if you feel compelled to design an icon or badge for us positive blogger peeps, pass it on.

Safe travels my friend.

Anonymous said...

Have a very safe trip home...your writings are always so inspirational.

Sally Anderson said...

I've enjoyed your vacation, Andrew! Great prose, great family time, great photos! Thanks for the tour. Have a great trip home. I look forward to hearing from you when you get there.

Suzanne said...

Capturing the Moment sounds very intriguing. I need to think on that one a bit.