Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shrinky-Dink Necklace...

I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had a chance to really play with the shrinky-dink components that I've made. Above is a picture of a design I whipped up. Azalea helped me. She cut all the wire. (Well, except for the fine silver wire that I fused to make soldered jump rings.) The necklace is made up of golden shadow Swarovski crystals from Fusion Beads, Hill Tribe silver from Na Bo Row, chain from Ornamentea, and of course... my original artwork shrinky dink pendants!

One of the great things about this piece is that it is SO LIGHT! It's airy and seemingly weightless around the neck. I'm really looking forward to making more little treasures with the shrink film.

4 comments:

Christina J. said...

I really like how they turned out. Your pendants have all looked amazing.

Andrew Thornton said...

Thank you so much! I've enjoyed making them. We've had so much fun making everything. It has just been a blast!

jeweledrabbit said...

That is really cool.

Dave Robertson said...

Hi, Andrew,

I agree with the other commenters, your pendants rock. Very nice "shrink film" designs.

In case you want to comparison-shop, you can check out golden shadow Swarovski crystals at Rings & Things too.

Cheers,

--Dave
at Rings and Things