Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Getting Ready...

Today was pretty intense with the sheer amount of work that had to be done before our early morning flight tomorrow. It didn't help that I woke up with a splitting headache. I got up super early and tried to finish a couple of designs, but couldn't focus. I've been getting most of my personal work done early in the mornings before anyone else wakes up. I hate the days where my creativity and plans are slowed down. Especially when we're on such a tight time budget. We still got a lot of work done - which is good.

For dinner, I whipped up a quick seafood gumbo. I threw in some red chili-coated mangoes that were sitting in the pantry. On their own, they were a little too spicy for any of us. Usually I'd also add chorizo sausage, but we didn't have any, so I chopped up some pepperoni. It got rave reviews and was so quick and easy.

I wish that everyone could see all the many treasures that Bob Burkett is skillfully crafting in the studio. He's been making the most spectacular cast-in-place stone settings. They've got a really nice Art Nouveau feel and are simply magical. It is really awesome having him around. He really is an inspiration. The pieces below will be PERFECT for FaerieCon. They're totally sexy.

Speaking of good things coming from the Green Girl Studios crew, Greg is the cookie-master! He totally makes the best cookies ever. For instance, the double chocolate cookie below. It was crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside, chocolaty, rich, and melt-in-your-mouth good. YUM! I'm definitely going to pack some in our snack pack for the trip tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Bob he rocks, from me. And Greg, too, because cookies are awesome.

Andrew Thornton said...

The cookie master struck again earlier this evening with all sorts of goodies. It was lovely!