Monday, September 22, 2008

Burning the Midnight Oil...

It probably comes as no surprise that I'm about to say that we've been burning the midnight oil. With all the shows just around the corner, we've been busily trying to prep. Lots of projects on our plates indeed! In a few days we'll leave for Hawaii. We're actually leaving on my birthday. I did the math and with us crossing all the time-zones backwards, I'll be actually celebrating my birthday an extra ten hours! Of course those hours will be spent aboard a plane, but nonetheless, it'll be the longest birthday I've ever had. If you're in Hawaii, make sure to come by the Softflex Hawaii Glass Art and Bead Festival. If you're not able to see us in Hawaii, come visit us at FaerieCon in Philadelphia the following weekend (October 10th - 12th). I also believe that my family/Green Girl Studios is doing a show in Jacksonville, Florida that same weekend with the folks at Bead Mercantile. (Oh! If you'd like to go to FaerieCon and would like to get a "Best Customer" admission pass, which will get you in for free for one day, please EMAIL me and I'll mail it out to you ASAP.) I'll also be in New York the following weekend for the Big Apple Glass Art and Bead Festival presented by the Bead Society of Greater New York and SoftFlex. It'll be nice to be back in my apartment for a spell. I know that Cynthia and Azalea will definitely want to check out FAO Schwarz while we're in New York. Cynthia is obsessed with the Ellowyne Wilde dolls. But I'm a magpie too and have my own collections, so I can't complain.

In retrospect, the photo above looks a lot like Hamburger Helper. However, it's not. It's a quick pasta I threw together with lots of basil, a hearty tomato sauce, goat cheese brie, soft baby Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, garlic, mushrooms, and BACON! The results were a super rich and filling dinner to help guide us through our busy work schedule!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Andrew! I hope you get a chance to do something fun, even if you'll mostly be on planes.

Brandon and I miss you guys so much--say hi to everyone for me. Hopefully, a show will bring you guys up here at some point.

Anonymous said...

ummm, that looks good. kind of like a carbonara, but more substantial (if that's possible). sounds like you guys are going to be BUSY!