Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Necklace Design...

I got up early this morning and cleaned up the studio a little more. After I finished straightening up a bit, I made this necklace. Some of the early test pressings we did in bronze clay didn't have holes. I wanted to somehow use them. This is one of the solutions that I came up with. After a light scoring and sanding, I attached it to a large piece of composite amber with a heavy-duty epoxy adhesive. I then embellished the piece of amber with chain and daisy spacers. The natural brass chain is from Vintaj, the carnelian-colored Czech glass is from Raven's Journey, the carnelian discs, tigereye, composite amber, daisy spacers, and leather cord is from Talisman Associates, and the bird toggle and bird coin are from my family at Green Girl Studios.

4 comments:

Christina J. said...

I love it!

Jobee said...

You create beautiful jewellery AND you cook....

Anonymous said...

wow, i like what you did with the pendant! it looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew! The necklace looks great. I just wanted to say it was really nice to get to meet you and chat with you at Philly Bead Fest. I'm glad the hot tub didn't get you!

~Diana