Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Busy Sunday...

We've been working quite a bit! The Softflex Hawaii show is next week and FaerieCon is the week after that! Today I organized part of the studio and pressed out some bronze clay. Each time I work with the bronze clay, it becomes easier. To keep our energy up, Cynthia made some Mexican chocolate shortbread cookies. For dinner, I whipped up a crab soup and some coconut rice bread. Bob, Cynthia, and even Azalea exclaimed that the soup was very good, but I think I've still missed the mark. Perhaps that's because I've had the pleasure of having Shanghai Joe's crab broth soup dumplings. I wonder what their secret ingredient is. To crumb up in the soup, I made a coconut rice bread. It was sort of a spin on a traditional Filipino dessert, bibinka. However, in my version, I didn't sweeten it above the natural sweetness of the coconut. It held up perfectly in the soup. It was a good meal to end the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you eat all this wonderful food and retain your girlish figure?

Inquiring minds *need* to know!

(evil grins)

Andrew Thornton said...

Ha ha ha! I've been blessed with a fast metabolism. I will use and abuse it until I no longer can. That and when I'm back in New York, I'm pretty active. I'm almost always on my feet and running around.

Unknown said...

Good luck at the show. :)