Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hawaii...

Today was my birthday. It was an early start, as we had to catch our flight out of Greenville to make our way to Hawaii. I had overly ambitious plans for the plane ride, but alas... I slept most of the way and enjoyed some in-flight movies.

I feel so relaxed here. Everyone is so supremely nice and I am so excited to be here. To the left is a picture of our new bird friend, a house sparrow, who was watching us eat sushi and eating the occasional grain of rice from the palm of my hand.

Right next to the show is a store called, The Liqueur Collection. And what a collection it is! They have probably one of the most extensive collections of beers and ales that I've seen in a long time. They even had an obscure brand of tequila that has Frida on it that Jean Yates mentioned in her blog about a year ago. Unfortunately, I didn't drop the $90 for the bottle. Sorry Jean!

Just down the way was a really cute children's boutique that Azalea just loved! It was called, "Cupcake." She got a little Asian baby-doll, whom she named, Asa. I am really impressed with how many cute little shops are around.

Here's a picture of Greg, Cynthia, and Azalea. We're staying at the Aqua Spa: Bamboo and it had a really great manager's reception where everyone was so friendly. We enjoyed the musical talents of "Uncle Ned" and sipped these great tropical cocktails called, Bamboozles.

Isn't that sunset the perfect way to end the day? Well, actually ending it with gelato and a soak in the hot-tub was the perfect way to end the day and celebrate my birthday.

11 comments:

Jacki said...

Happy Birthday Andrew. I hope you enjoy them all!!

Jacki said...

Sheesh! I meant I hope you enjoy all of the rest of them as much as this one! :)

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Andrew your ever always thoughtful showing us glimpses of what yall are doing! Very generous and thats so appreciated! I guess bc you guys are so talented is as to why we love to see what yall are doing. Bless you All! Let us know how the dabloons sold! LOL
xx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Andrew. I hope your day is as beautiful as you are. Enjoy paradise!

Unknown said...

This looks like it was a very nice birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, how are you? I am sending you this comment, because I am serching for blogger friends, and your site is interesting to me. I have an art blog here in San Diego, and I am curious if you would become my freind? Are you up to it?
I hope to see you soon on my art blog, and take care,
Sincerely,
Jesse

Amanda said...

Oh, happy (late) birthday!

I hope Hawaii inspires you. It sounds so relaxing and beautiful... I'm jealous. ;)

jeweledrabbit said...

Happy belated birthday, Andrew.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Happy birthday, Andrew. I hope it was wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful way to spend your B'day. Don'tcha just love the way Hawaii smells when you get off the plane?

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks EVERYONE for all the wonderful birthday wishes. It was quite an exciting time and I'm just thrilled that I could spend my birthday relaxing on an island paradise. It was GREAT!