Monday, September 22, 2008

A Midnight Snack...

Cynthia and I both suffer from midnight munchies. No matter what we're doing, we're bound to rendezvous in front of the food pantry at the witching hour in search of snacks! Instead of our usual grazing of dried fruit, nuts, and chips. I decided to make a really quick and simple dish. I boiled up some angel hair pasta while I was unloading the tumbler. When the pasta was cooked and ready, I drizzled some olive oil on top. Next, I melted some butter and threw in lots of chopped garlic. I then added a healthy sprinkling of lots of basil and a dash each of smoked paprika, ground red pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt and (black) pepper. After the butter mixture had heated up and combined thoroughly, I tossed the noodles in. Then I sprinkled bread crumbs on top to coat the noodles. To finish, I poured in a smidgen of aged balsamic vinaigrette and topped it off with grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese.

6 comments:

lorrwill said...

Wait - jewelry maker extraordinaire AND gourmet chef?
Sound yummy!

Unknown said...

Aww those are just fabulous heh they look like old dabloons! Better than peices of 8! Really Nice Andrew!! x

Unknown said...

Geesh posted on the snack pic...oops lol well this is for the next pic down...*slinks away*

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Lorrwill! I'm not really a gourmet chef. Though the past couple of years have provided me with ample opportunity to be around many gourmet chefs and be in the kitchen. I do believe in eating well and feeding the soul. If you're happy and content, it'll shine through in your work. Food is just another way of expressing your love and communicating.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Janet! No need to slink away! I got what you meant. Since I blog so much, I actually prefer folks to leave comments on the most recent post, even if what they're replying about deals with a topic in an older post. I know that goes against all the blogging rules, but I find that it's easier to keep track of conversations than having to scroll back so much. Also, I think it promotes an open conversation where anyone can join in on.

So, thanks again.

OH! How are you doing? Were you affected by the hurricane much? Cynthia and I were both worried about you knowing that you hail from Texas. I hope that you're doing okay. I'm glad to see that you're back online and commenting again.

Unknown said...

Aww you guys are really Sweet people! I put a few pics on my Blogger of my yard go have a lookie. Actually Andrew we were worried about a nighttime tornado spurning. And it was a scarey night too. But atleast we are 60 miles from Galveston thank God. Some places seem less habitable these days like that place...those poor people. Id rather live in a lush greeny place like NC or VA anyday. Its still Hot here lol. Gads Houstons sonmething else my husbands from Scotland and wants to go home! heh but thats another chapter! Thanks for worrying about little ol Me. Hey Todays my Birthday too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Andrew your day soon to come!
Huggs
Janet x