Monday, September 08, 2008

Five New Necklaces...

I couldn't sleep very well last night. (I think, perhaps, I had a little too much iced coffee.) So, I whipped up a couple of necklaces. My family at Green Girl Studios has started casting several of the components in shibuichi. Many of the designs I made use some of the newly revamped components.

Above: The focal lampwork piece is courtesy of Z Designs in Glass. It is showcased with carnelian, Czech glass from Raven's Journey, a wood bead from LillyPilly Designs, ceramic beads from Keith O'Connor Pottery, sea urchin rondelles, and of course, the new bird flying in the clouds toggle from my family at Green Girl Studios.

Above: A polymer Heather Wynn pendant is featured with ceramic beads from Keith O'Connor and Melanie Brooks Lukacs of Earthenwood Studio, coral, wood, and amber beads from Talisman Associates, and a gold-plated key and heart toggle from my family at Green Girl Studios.
Above: I've created this necklace using a Grant Diffendaffer polymer bead, Keith O'Connor ceramic beads, Czech glass beads from Raven's Journey, cyanite and wood beads from Talisman Associates, natural brass chain from Vintaj and a Wisdom mermaid pendant and seashell clasp from my family at Green Girl Studios.

Above: Stephanie Maddalena's sea urchin-looking lampwork beads are paired with vintage Czech glass from Newtique, parapadsha Swarovski crystals from Fusion Beads, pearls from Talisman Associates, polymer leaves from Klew, natural brass chain from Vintaj and a large flower clasp from my family at Green Girl Studios.

Above: This necklace is made up of carnelian, pearls and red tiger-eye from Talisman Associates, a Czech glass drop from Sticks and Stones, Swarovski crystals from Fusion Beads, and lots of lovely aviary charms from my family at Green Girl Studios.

7 comments:

laurelmoon said...

These are all so lovely! I especially like the last one, though. I love birds...

Lorelei Eurto said...

All stunningly beautiful as always. You are one talented designer my friend. I look at these pictures in total awe and amazement.
How!?
What!?
But....
wait.
OMG.

Wow.

jeweledrabbit said...

They're all beautiful. I love the eclectic nature of your designs.

Unknown said...

Oh Andrew theyre just lovely!!
So peaceful they are and exciting!
Your so talented like Lorelei says!
If I had to choose one for myself I lean towards the last one but then I love them all! Bless you
Janet x

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks everyone! I had fun making them. I was really inspired by the color of the shibuichi. It's warmth and richness as a metal alloy just opened up so many design possibilities!

Libby said...

In Asheville with loving family your wide open heart overflows with creativity.

Your blessings bless us all.

Anonymous said...

they are ALL sooooooo kick ass,
are you getting more talented???
chocolate gravy and biscuits must be a magical creative elixir.
me needs to get my hands on some.....
(devilishing rubbing my hands together like gargamel)