Friday, January 24, 2014

News and Press...

It has been a busy time in my little corner of the universe!  I have lots of exciting news to share!

If you attended CHA in Anaheim, California and dropped by the ImpressArt booth, you might have seen a few of my pieces!  They were my first efforts as an ImpressArt Design Team Member!  I have recently joined their talented ranks and feel honored to be counted amongst artisans, Erin Prais-Hintz, Barbe Saint-John, Kate Richbourg, Jeff Fulkerson and Margot Potter!

This is a necklace that I made with a focal that reads, "All is change".  I used the NEW Alkemé blanks that have the look of sterling silver (without the tarnish), but are super soft and can be stamped with one strike.  I paired the pendant with color-change Swarovski crystals in Cantaloupe.  The crystals turn from a pale green to a peachy pink.  The dangles are matched with dichroic glass size 2 seed beads and some sterling silver chain.

Here's another piece that I created using the new Alkemé blanks!  It reads, "Burn bright" and has a little star stamped at the bottom.  I used acrylic paints to make the lettering POP and correspond with the Swarovski crystal components.  I like how the shape of the round pendant is repeated in the over-sized chain.

I'm always delighted when I come across my name or mentions of my work.

As time goes on, I'll be sharing with you different projects that I will be participating in as a Design Team Member.

In other news, I'll be guest blogging for Halcraft!  If you're not familiar with Halcraft, they produce the Bead Gallery line of beads available at Michaels and Bliss Beads offered through JoAnne Fabric and Craft Stores.  Stay tuned!  I'll definitely let you all know when those posts will appear!

Speaking of writing, in the near future I will have some brand new themed work in a new (top secret) eBook and some projects in a new book coming out in the spring!  I have more to say on these topics, but can't reveal anymore details unfortunately.

Whenever I see my name in print or mention of my work, I get tickled!  It's nice to be recognized for all the energy that I pour into this passion.  One of the places that I was recently featured was in the Ligonier Echo.  The article in the local paper was about my appearance on the PBS show, Beads, Baubles and Jewels.  CLICK HERE to see the full article.
This was an excellent week for me on Beading Daily.  I was mentioned with the Inspired by Reading Book Club in a post about contests and challenges.  CLICK HERE to read the entire post.

One of my articles was also featured in a new eBook about jewelry stringing.  The article that I wrote was about "stringing shortcuts" and how I use different tips and tricks to create stylish jewelry easily and quickly.  CLICK HERE to see the write-up and follow the links to download your free eBook!

3 comments:

Shai Williams said...

Sounds like you have had a great week and a great start to 2014!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Congratulations, Andrew! What an amazing week. I love the two pieces you've shared here - especially the gorgeous necklace with its mnay fine touches.

Janine said...

You have been busy! Love the pieces