Thursday, January 02, 2014

Gold Wood Beads...

I have been playing around a lot lately with polymer clay.  I created these "Gold Wood" beads recently.  Technically they should be called something like, "Faux Bois Or" or something like that.  They're not actually wooden, but I simulated wood grain with different layers of polymer clay.  I also created veins of imitation gold leaf sandwiched between translucent polymer clay.  It gives the beads a little bit of sparkle and depth.  I tumbled them so that the beads were perfectly smooth and round, to accentuate the pattern in the beads.  I then hand-polished them with Renaissance wax to protect the beads and bring out some of the colors.  I think that they turned out pretty nice!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really nice. Do you sell them?
greetings