Friday, January 10, 2014

Experiments with Alcohol Inks...

It has been awhile since I last worked with alcohol inks.  I think that the last time that I worked with them, I was in college.  I really enjoyed the results of my project back then, but I filed it away as something that I would pick up again… someday.

That day was today!

I ordered some alcohol inks in a rainbow of colors and went to town on some polymer discs that I quickly textured with a swirly pattern.  I didn't really have a plan for what I wanted to do with them, but I did know that I wanted to test out some of the qualities of the ink and just play.

I like the experimentations.  They're fun and bright!  I think the ink adds a luminous sheen and really boosts the color saturation!  I'll have to continue my Mad Scientist experiments with alcohol inks!

1 comment:

Aranthe said...

Beautiful, Andrew! Love those blues and purples with just the barest touch of gold.