Thursday, January 09, 2014

30 Words Thursday...

Erin Prais-Hintz of Tesori Trovati has a reoccurring post on her blog where she takes a picture and writes 30 Words in conjunction with the image.  She said it started out as a way to challenge her "wordiness" and boil down her words to the core essence of her meaning.

Erin has proposed that others should take up the challenge and has created "30 Word Thursday".  Even though my plate is overflowing with projects, I thought that I would participate!  It's not overly taxing and I think it might be highly beneficial to play along.  To find out more about this project, CLICK HERE.

Next week I'm going to stick to the guidelines without the preface, but I thought it was important to outline this (hopefully) regular addition to my blog.  And without further ado, here is my first 30 Words Thursday entry:

"Dark of days past, peeled back.  Bright sun gliding across the nearly naked sky, you breathe a breath of life in me. Warm in the coldest cold of cold country."

7 comments:

Sarajo Wentling said...

Love it! I might be too wordy to do well at this but I think my hubby might enjoy it. I'm going to share it with him and see if he bites!

Anonymous said...

OK you inspired me to give this a go too. Love your poem.

TesoriTrovati said...

Truly marvelous, Andrew! And with friends like you to inspire me, I do think that I can do this every week! Looking forward to having you on this journey. Enjoy the day! Erin

Beverley Baird said...

Such a lovely poem and photo!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Great photo, I especial like the phrase, "Bright sun gliding across the nearly naked sky"

Alice said...

Lovely photo, and beautiful words. I was hesitant to commit but decided to try it next week and see where it takes me.

CraftyHope said...

Nicely done! You really gave some emotion to that photo.