Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Necklace...

Here is another new necklace I made. Even though you can buy wire-wrapped stone link chain, I prefer the look of thicker wraps. So, I wire wrapped all the labradorite and garnet links. At the bottom, the focal includes wire-wrapped opal, cyanite, garnet, amethyst, onyx, and labradorite. To finish it off, I patinated the necklace to bring out the details.

Above is a close up of the cluster. I don't think the picture does the piece justice though. It looks better worn and full of movement.

8 comments:

Norma said...

Oh Andrew...how stunning. You do beautiful wire wrapping! I hope all is well with you.

Stacey said...

Really beautiful. Love the little gem links! You work is very beautiful!

Unknown said...

You always have something new and inventive and beautiful Andrew!

Gaea said...

SOOOOO purty! I love the variations in the stone sizes in the chain! FABUUU!

mairedodd said...

it says a lot about your artistry that you chose to do the wire wrapping of all the little stones... the necklace is stunning and reflects the time, thought and attention you put into it... whoever wears this will certainly treasure it...

Anonymous said...

beautiful necklace, i love the colors too!

Lisa Crone said...

I love the wire wrapping, it perfectly sets off each of the various beads unique qualities, NICE!!

stregata said...

What a beautiful piece! Very, very nice!!!